Tenants Requirements & Details
- Anyone over the age of 18 that will live in the property has to be named on the tenancy agreement and be fully credit and reference checked.
- The tenant/s need a joint income of a certain amount per annum depending on the rental amount, for the term of the tenancy and have a clear credit history and no county court judgements or IVA, if you do please call us immediately to discuss this as you may need a Guarantor or may not pass.
- If you are Self Employed (i.e. you pay your own tax and/or do your own tax returns) you will need to have been Self Employed for over a year and have a least one full years of accounts and supply the SA302 form to the credit check company or if you have an accountant you will need to supply their details online on the application forms.
- If you are unemployed or on a low income then you will most definitely need a guarantor that again has to earn a certain amount depending on the rental amount. They must supply all the relevant documentation stated below and have a good credit rating, if they have CCJs or adverse credit history will not be acceptable. If you will be claiming housing benefit to pay some or all of the rent you will still be expected to pay your rent to us or the owner direct in full on the due date as the benefit entitlement will be paid direct to you every fortnight but you have to have rent to pay on time or your guarantor has to pay it while you deal with getting your claim actioned.
- Please note if you have a zero hour’s contract you will need a guarantor. If you are approaching maternity leave or are on maternity leave you will also need a guarantor.
Information we require
Each tenant & guarantor will be required to produce to us the following information for us to be able to proceed further:
- Photo ID Including Passport
- Proof Of Residency i.e. Utility Bill
- 3 Months Payslips
- 3 Months Bank Statements
- For Non EU Citizens you will be require to provide an Original Visa
- We Require Your signature/s To Use Your Personal Information For Residency Checks In Accordance With The Immigration Act 2014
In addition, each party, including the guarantor, will need to be available to come into the office on the day that it is agreed you can move into the house to sign the tenancy agreement but prior to that they just need to be able to supply information the same as you, stated above.
You are also responsible for taking out some form of Tenants Liability insurance. Our landlords will not allow any tenant to move into their property without you having a liability insurance in place. We recommend you look at the website link below, Homelet, and you can call them on the free phone number given for a competitive quote, but we must see the cover in place before any keys are handed over to the property.
Once you have found a rental property that you wish to rent through us you will be required to pay at holding deposit of one weeks rent to hold a property for up to 15 days . You will then be asked to return all completed forms and documents to our office to enable all referencing to be complete in the given timescale. Failure to comply with this will result in the forfeit of the holding deposit and the continuation of viewings.
The holding deposit is taken on a first come first serve basis to hold this property for you. You will be required to pay the remaining balance via bacs payment (cleared funds) 3 working days before the day that you sign contracts and move in.
A Brief Outline of the Monies a Tenant Has To Pay
Detailed below is a basic outline of the monies you would need to pay for a rented property:
|One Month’s Rent Upfront||£1000.00|
|Five Weeks Rent Deposit||£1153.84|
“Regent Estates have managed my property for over 16 years now and have always been extremely professional, efficient, caring and a pleasure to deal with.”
"I would like to go on record to say having 10 years experience working with your company I would recommend you to everyone I know.
So much so that my last buy to let purchase was in your area so that you could manage it for me."
I have had my rental properties with Regents Estates for the past 20 years and am always extremely pleased with the way they handle my business. I can totally rely on them for advice, they carry out the rental process in a timely manner from start to finish, and I have always been happy with the tenants they have found me.
Their knowledge of the property business is second to none, and they remain friendly and helpful at all times. I wouldn’t want my property with anyone else!!!!
Regent Estates have fully managed my properties for a number of years now, I have always found them reliable, knowledgeable and professional. I would have no hesitation in recommending then.
Regent Estates have managed the apartment my partner and I have owned for the last 10 years. During that time the staff have been totally professional and efficient in dealing with the property. Ria and her team are always proactive in their approach and any issues that do arise are dealt with competently and proficiently.
Any concerns we may have are quickly dealt with and nothing is too much trouble. We have come to know the long serving members of the team well and it feels like we are ringing friends not a faceless company. We can't recommend them highly enough.
I am pleased to recommend the services of Regent Estates. They have managed our properties for over 10 years and I have always found them to be very helpful and efficient. Property inspections are carried out regularly, rentals are transferred promptly, and rental statements are sent out on time. Vetting of prospective tenants has been good and we are kept informed of any issues regarding the properties and the tenants. I have no hesitation in recommending them to prospective landlords.